MAKEUP MONDAY: BERRY LIPS & BAD TO THE BRONZE EYES | BEAUTY BLOG OVER 40
But this morning I woke up and I felt the urge of doing something fun with my makeup! So here it is: my makeup look for you for today: berry lips and bad to the bronze eyes! Hope you like it! 😊
And here are the products that I used for this look!
1. I primed my face with the Benefit the POREfessional primer (Get it at: Ulta // Sephora) that minimizes the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! YES!!!
2. I applied a thin layer of the By Terry Light-Expert Click Brush Illuminating Flawless Foundation which instantly erases imperfections for silky, even skin in no time! 💁
3. I concealed a couple red spots on my face (mainly on my chin) with the Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer (Get it at Ulta // Sephora) -it is infused with coconut water, alpine rose, and hyaluronic acid and provides a natural looking coverage.
4. I applied the YSL Touche Eclat All-Over Brightening Pen generously under my eyes. This light-reflecting, micro-pearl formula highlights your best features without any shimmer or glitter. It’s infused with hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E! It offers only a light coverage (I don't suffer from dark under-eyes) but brightens instantly! Great for old and tired eyes too because it is so thin!
5. I applied a generous amount of bronzer on my cheeks, the temples of my forehead, swiped on the blush and on my higher cheekbones the highlighter of my beloved It Cosmetics
Your Most Beautiful You Anti-Aging Face Palette! It has everything you need! While the matte bronzer warms your complexion, the radiance luminizer creates a lit-from-within glow, and the brightening blush restores your natural flush of color. And so pigmented!
6. Here comes one of the highlights of this makeup look: the bad to the bronze eyes! Now how did I do that? I applied all over my lid the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze! The cream gel formula glides on without creasing for vibrant color that never fades! I recommend using a flat brush for this.
7. To blend it out, I used a couple colors of the (also tremendously loved by me) Too Faced Chocolate bar (see below which colors I used) (Get it at Ulta // Sephora)
8. I tight lined (what is that, you might wonder? To tight line is a technique in which you line your upper waterline to define and thicken the appearance of your eyelashes. This is a fantastic technique if you have small hooded eyes like I do.)
If I use the eyeliner on top of my lashes, my eyes tend to look even smaller- that is why the upper waterline is genius- it does accentuate my lash line but does not make my eyes look smaller. The first time of tight lining can feel intimidating, but you get used to it. 😉 There are amazing YouTube tutorials out there- youtube it, if I could not explain well.
Anyway: you need a really soft and buttery eyeliner to do this, as you definitely don't want to hurt your eyes: I love the Butter London Wink Eye Pencil for that! The extremely soft formula glides on effortlessly, and stays put for hours, no matter how busy your day is.
9. I have lash extensions currently- however this is already my 6th week (they are supposed to fall out after 3 weeks -but somehow I have managed to keep a bunch lol) but since there are only about 60% of lashes left and my lash-roots are kicking in (FYI my roots are blonde- the extensions are black), I applied some mascara- mainly on my blonde roots. And for me my favorite mascara is the Too Faced Better than Sex (Ulta // Sephora) that gives me both: incredible lengths and volume!
|The star of the show: the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze|
10. And here is my wonderful combo to achieve my berry lips: first I lined my lips with the essence lip liner in Honey Berry (discontinued, try instead: Milani Lipliner in Fuchsia) the Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in Deep Fuchsia (Ellis Faas is btw a famous makeup artist from Amsterdam). I love the spongy soft applicator of this lippie and the intense color-payout!
And there you have it! This was so much fun! I think I will revamp my Makeup Mondays from now on again! ✊
Disclaimer: Contains Affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.