Perfect Red Lips & Winged Eyeliner Trick for Small Hooded Eyes! 💋 | BEAUTY OVER 40
It is Makeup Monday- as promised last Monday, I am revamping my series and today I have a classic perfect red lip with the smallest winged eyeliner that you have ever seen- total wearable for an oldie like me. I have a fabulous trick that the winged eyeliner looks good, even if you have small hooded eyes like me! ✊
OK- on the picture below you can see, how little I extended that eyeliner. Really just like 5mm and I simple extended the natural direction of my lash line.
Let's see that a bit closer, shall we?
Alright: here is the trick: I tightlined (lined the upper waterline). I never lined on top of my lash line! The reason is: when I line on top of my lash-line, it makes my eyes look even smaller- so I try to keep out of there with darker colors. My eyes are small enough, I don't want them to look even smaller.
So I only did my tiny wing at the corner on top of my lash line! Got it? This is a great trick for "hoodies" like me! Just tightline and create ONLY the little wing on top of your lashes! Nobody will see this litte trick! The transition looks totally smooth. 😏
And here comes the makeup that I used for this makeup look!
1. I applied a sample of the EltaMD UV Elements Tinted Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 44 (I really enjoy it! It is very hydrating, with a light tint to it. It won't cover up bigger issues though but I like it on natural makeup days. Love that it contains SPF 44! However, it is maybe a little tacky.)
2. I concealed my under-eyes and a couple of red spots (on my chin mainly) with the L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer. This cheapo does it all! It provides a natural-looking coverage, evens skin tone & covers dark circles! And that for under $5! Yes please!👏
3. I used my Too Faced Chocolate Bar (Sephora // Ulta) and applied the light color ("White chocolate") all over my lid. I used the taupe color ("Milk chocolate") on my crease, on my lower lash line as well as on my brows.🍫
|Today I used only 2 colors of my Chocolate bar!|
5. I applied my favorite Mascara: the Too Faced Better than Sex (Sephora // Ulta) (still have a couple lash extension left-overs! Going into 7th week now of having lash extensions! 😅)
6. I applied this beautiful matte bronzer by No 7 (in caramel) on my cheeks, forehead and also on my neck!
7. I lined my lips with a red lipliner by essence (discontinued, try instead a Milani lipliner) and filled my lips in with the Nyx Matte lipstick in Perfect Red! And that is what it truly is: THE PERFECT RED! Do I need to say more? 💋💃
8. I applied this beautiful blush by No 7 (in Peach Velvet) to give my cheeks a fresh healthy look!
And there you go! Perfect red lips with a winged eyeliner!
Disclaimer: Contains Affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.