Jessica Alba let´s us peek into her makeup (and skin care) routine!
That is right: Jessica Alba (btw she just turned 39 💝) shows us all her little makeup tricks and her simple-looking- yet not really so simple skin care prep routine and makeup tutorial! I love how she uses a lot her hands (instead of a ton of brushes) to apply makeup. I have been doing that a lot lately too. I feel like it is more hygienic- plus it saves me the hassle of washing my brushes! The warmths of my hands also help to make my foundation and concealer look immediately more natural and very smooth. Back to the roots- ahem... hands that is! 👋😅
Of course Jessica Alba is using a bunch of her own products (Honest Beauty offers clean beauty products- available at Target and on Amazon).
Here are all the products she used in her tutorial:
First Jessica prepped her skin:
- Honest Beauty Deep Hydration Face Cream ($27.99): a rich cream formulated for deep hydration with botanical oils to support the natural moisture barrier.
- Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream with Two Types of Hyaluronic Acid & Squalane ($19.99) I was shook (am I too old to use this word? 😅) to see how much she puts of this cream on her face! (timestamp 1:39) I would be a greasy mess after this lol.
- Nurse Jamie NuVibe RX Amethyst Massaging Beauty Tool ($95 Ulta // Sephora // Amazon): this is a facial beauty tool that utilizes sonic vibration massage to help refresh and restore a youthful look to the skin. This sleek slim lined tool with its sonic Amethyst head, vibrates at 6,000 pulses per minute. Press and glide the tool around the eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks, jawline and neck to help temporarily soften fine lines and wrinkles to obtain toned, radiant skin. I am honestly intrigued and want to try this!
- Nurse Jamie Uplift Massaging Beauty Roller ($69 Ulta // Sephora) Can this tool really do something? I am not sure. Should I try?
- Comfort Zone Sublime Skin Eye Patch ($49.95 - 5 pairs) Pretty expensive! 😱
Jessica used 2 different primers: the matte primer on the areas that are more shiny and the everything primer on the other parts of her face!
- Honest Beauty Everything Primer ($21.99): infused with hydrating hyaluronic acid, peony root extract, a botanical peptide and light reflecting pigment, this priming formula helps create a smooth, even canvas for makeup application. Not a foundation fan? You can also wear it alone for a subtle, golden-hued radiance.
- Honest Beauty Everything Primer, Matte with Micronized Bamboo Powder ($21.99): Micronized bamboo powder helps blur imperfections for a more even look!
I really wonder, if she does this skin care routine everyday? Seems like a ton of steps to do and a lot of different products!
This is the makeup Jessica used:
- Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Palette with 10 Pigment-Rich Shades ($19.99): A mix of mattes, shimmers and satins to achieve any look effortlessly.
- PAT MCGRATH LABS Mothership VII Eyeshadow Palette - Divine Rose Collection ($125): a wardrobe of textures and dazzling hues that come together in a couture color palette presented in a luxe, lacquered case. Not cheap either lol- not sure I would spend that much money for an eyeshadow palette! 😈
- Armani Beauty Eye Tint Liquid Eyeshadow in Rose Gold ($30): a crease-proof liquid eyeshadow that comes in a range of finishes and delivers up to 16 hours of high-impact color with a no-makeup feel.
- DIOR Backstage Face Palette ($45): a face palette with luminous shades of highlighters for a customizable, BACKSTAGE glow—in two color harmonies which stretch the boundaries of radiance.
- PYT Beauty Concealer ($12): never heard of this concealer before- you?
- Honest Beauty Clean Corrective with Vitamin C Tinted Moisturizer ($21.99): 6-In-1 multitasker that primes, perfects, protects, blurs, brightens and locks in moisture for up to 12 hours. Hmm that I really wanna try!
- Honest Beauty Everything Cream Foundation ($21.99) (she used "dark" and "light" to contour her face)
- Honest Beauty Invisible Blurring Loose Powder ($19.99): Cake-free, crease-free translucent loose powder!
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Brown ($25): a waterproof, gel eye crayon for a bold, matte finish.
- Honest Beauty Luminizing Glow Powder ($19): she used this to bronze up her face- is it just me or does this color look a bit too reddish?
- Tweezerman Classic Lash Curler ($13.50): for a dramatically beautiful curl. If you have never tried a lash curler and suffer from short lashes- this will help a bunch!
- Honest Beauty Eyebrow Pencil with Spoolie, Brown ($9.99)- ahem the color looks very ashy- but it looked good on her- however she has her eyebrows microbladed and they look perfect to begin with. 😏
- Honest Beauty Extreme Length Mascara + Lash Primer ($16.99): a 2-in-1 dual-ended mascara and lash primer work together to boost lash length.
- Lumify Redness Reliever Eye Drops ($16 at Amazon): reduces redness to help reveal your eyes' natural radiance.
- Honest Beauty Liquid Lipstick in Forever ($12.99 at Target): a 2019 Allure Best of Clean Beauty Award Winner! The color looks absolutely beautiful! 😍
- Honest Beauty Crème Cheek Blush ($12.99) Beauty Guru Tati raves about this blush all the time! I usually don't like cream blushes but I am inclined to try this one!
What do you think about Jessica's skin care routine and makeup tutorial?
Disclaimer: Contains Affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.