MAKEUP DECLUTTER: GETTING RID OF OLD MAKEUP! 🗑️
It is time for a little makeup declutter! I realized that I have a couple of makeup items in my drawers that I NEVER use or that are old or even expired 😱, so I sat down and did a little spring cleaning! I love to organize everything in my household. I think it feels so freeing and once the job is done, I feel like I achieved something major! ✊
First I looked in my foundation/face compartment and here is what I am getting rid of:
1. Neutrogena healthy skin liquid makeup with SPF 20: I actually love this foundation. It is the best drugstore foundation that I have found (check out my best foundations for women over 40) as it is not drying and lays beautifully on your skin. Unfortunately this one has expired and I wasn't able to use it up!
2. Eddie Funkhouser Luxlight Revitalizing Foundation: this is another great drugstore foundation that is super moisturizing and makes your face look radiant: unfortunately it is also expired!
3. The Billion Dollar Brows Duo Brow Highlighter & Concealer Pencil is great to put that little highlight under the brow bone or to spot conceal- this one is so old I can not even tell you.
4. The BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter: this is an absolutely beautiful highlighter that applies easy and smooth- but I barely ever use highlighter on the daily basis. This one looks nasty now!
5. Ecco Bella Concealer Makeup Stick: I really don't like stick concealers like this anymore. They just look too drying- especially on my dry under-eye area. It makes every wrinkle look worse. Plus this one smells cause it is old! 😷
6. Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argain Oil Powder: the perfume-scent is somewhat overpowering, but it is still a great powder for that oily t-zone. But it looks old and dirty now! 🙊
7. The Youngblood Clean Luxury Cosmetics Pressed Mineral Foundation has only fabulous ingredients- however it never looked quite right on me and it kinda enhanced my wrinkles and fine lines.
Next up I looked at my lippies: which ones do I actually NEVER reach for?
1. The Elf Lip Primer & Plumper: so the lip primer is like a cheap stick-concealer that makes your lips look like you are dead lol. A bit too dry on my lips. The other side contains a lip balm with cinnamon that is supposed to make your lips plumper. Can't stand the tingling feeling on my lips- quite annoying and almost painful. Nah! Not for me.
2. Wet n Wild Mega Last Liquid Lip Color in Pocketful of Roses: this liquid lippie was horrific! It has chunky glitter pieces in it, feels drying and makes your lips look old. Thankfully it is discontinued! I must've been not the only one hating this! 😆
3. The GA-DE Makeup Crystal Lights Lip Gloss in Sunstone: this is a beautiful glitter-gloss- however, I really NEVER wear glosses. Love the in-built mirror, but was never reaching for this and it looks NOT GOOD ANYMORE!
4. Ciate Liquid Velvet Moisturizing Matte Lipstick in Risqué that orange 🧡was really a bit too risqué for me!
5. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine in Velvet Wine this one is probably also expired as it got totally gooey and patchy. I really don't reach much for glosses and this is a really sticky one. The color is very sheer- I was hoping it is much darker!
6. Nyx Butter Gloss: I bought these 2 glosses MANY years ago- and I did so because everybody on YouTube was raving about them. I really don't know why! I never reach for them. OK, I understand: if you like the glossy look without the sticky feel- these are right for that. They have a light vanilla scent that is pleasant and not overwhelming. And they are cheap! But turns out: yes, I don't like sticky lips but I also don't like glossy lips. LOL! I have no need for these and they are old. Off you go!
7. Shea Moisture Lip Crayon: this is absolutely not my color: a pink with blue undertones does not suit my complexion. It can leave my collection. 😏
8. CLE Melting Lip Powder - a powder for your lips? This is the weirdest thing ever- but this lip powder really liquifies after contact with your skin. It is funny to watch the first time trying it! However, I still find it very drying and don't like to use it.
And lastly: I had too many eye pencils that I never reach for and some of them are probably YEARS OLD! In fact: none of them are even available anymore! Time to get rid of them!
1. 2B Eyeliner: once upon a time this cheap German drugstore brand was available in the U.S. (at Ulta!)- it seems they weren't successful and this eyeliner is old now.
2. Nyx Shimmer Eye Pencil in Lavender Shimmer: thankfully this eye pencil seems discontinued, because this has got to be THE WORST EYE PENCIL since the history of eye pencils! 😅 The glitter chunks are disturbing as is the patchy application. Why did I keep this for so long?
3. Mia Mariu Eye pencil. The company seems out of business since years. Why do I still have this old eye pencil?
4. JLB eye pencils. Actually embarrassing how long I have a bunch of these JLB pencils. I think they must be around 7 years old.😱 Which did not make them better lol. They came in a cheap set from Ross, but they were always very stiff and hard - and yet they managed to stay in my makeup drawer (I even moved twice with them!). Off you finally go! 😆
5. Kat von D Autograph pencils- these are discontinued and I got them a couple years back in a set at TJ Maxx. They were really good and buttery, but I won't use the colors that I still have left (I used up black and brown).
6. Nyx Eyebrow Shaper- probably discontinued - this seemed a good idea to use a couple years back- the wax of this pencil makes your eyebrows stay where you want them. But I never really reach for it and the look of my eyebrows was always kinda off when using this. The wax is now hard like a stone. 🙅
Ah! And there you have it- a nice spring cleaning of my makeup drawer! I love that I got all my old and expired makeup out of my collection! Maybe I inspired you to check your makeup- I highly encourage you to throw old and expired makeup away. You don't want to get sick from your old makeup. 😚
If you love decluttering, you will love the makeup declutter videos from Tati. I find them highly addicting and so satisfying!
You might also like to read: How I organize my underwear! 🙈
Disclaimer: Contains Affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.