How to get whiter teeth at home and maintain them!
Ladies, let's talk about teeth! I think this is something we don't talk often enough about and it gets easily overseen... I mean I talk a lot about anti-aging products, but never about how yellow teeth can make us look older too! I find dental hygiene so important and a beautiful smile with white teeth looks so fresh and yes: I think younger! So here are the top products that I use to get whiter teeth and to maintain them!
1. Oral B electric toothbrush ($40): I swear by this one. Clinically proven this electric toothbrush oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove 300% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush. No toothbrush in the world works as good and precise as this little brush-head. I don't have to tell you that you have to brush your teeth (hopefully) at least twice a day, right? And why not do it right away with the best tool out there?
2. Crest B Whitening toothpaste with Baking Soda and Peroxide ($2-$3) Baking soda and peroxide freshen your whole mouth without a salty aftertaste. This whitening toothpaste is gentle on tooth enamel, while it removes surface stains to reveal the natural whiteness of your teeth. I use this everyday!
3. Listerine Total Care Mouth wash ($5-$6) improves oral health by helping to prevent cavities, strengthening teeth, and leaving a refreshing, clean feeling you can taste! And don't rinse your mouth with water right after you have finished using your mouthwash. Mouthwash continues to work after you spit it out, so by rinsing with water you dilute the cleaning and strengthening benefits!
4. Crest 3D White Whitestrips ($35-$40) Crest 3D White Whitestrips are thin, flexible strips that are coated with a tooth whitening gel. I use these every 6 month to maintain my white teeth. Whitestrips use the same, effective whitening ingredient dentists use. They deliver the whitening you need where you need it for a brighter, whiter smile! These are my heroes and they truly work! ;-)
5. Plackers dental flossers ($2-$3) Easily slides between teeth to remove unwanted and unsightly food debris and plaque in tough to reach areas with protected tartar pick in handle. You are supposed to floss everyday, but I admit: I do this only once a week. Better once a week than never! ;-)
6. Professional Dental Hygiene Kit ($12.97) The set comes with 1 dentist mirror, 1 dental scaler, 1 tartar scraper/ plaque remover, 1 dental tooth pick. You might think that removing plaque and stain requires a visit to your dentist or dental hygienist- but I honestly find that you can do this easily by yourself. Your teeth are so strong, you can just scrape the hell out of them- not literally lol. But yes: I love that tartar scraper to remove any kind of plaque! It is super easy to do, once you get the hang of it.
I also get at least once a year a professional dental cleaning! Humana offers great affordable dental insurance plans, if you need one! ;-)
Contains Affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.