The reason I did it was because my friend had her bachelorette party. First we had brunch at Brio´s.
|Brio Tuscan Grille at the UTC Mall in Sarasota|
|Her friend made this bouquet for her!|
|Look at the gorgeous bachelorette!|
The chinese lady who was doing my nails asked me:
"Are you the mom of the bachelorette?"
I was laughing out loud! NOPE! But this is NOT THE REASON that I prefer to do my own nails! LOL!
The manicure itself turned out super pretty and I really love it! I could not believe how quick and effortless she did the art work! I am so gonna try this myself! So, the look of my nails is not the reason why I like to rather do my own nails either...
|My professional manicure- 1 day old|
And I must admit: My nails look today- exactly 9 days later- still fabulous! That is really craziness! I do never have big problems with chipping- but usually I have to put new nail polish on after about 7 days. So, I really can not complain about the quality of this manicure at all!
|This manicure is 9 days old!!! Craziness!|
But here are the reasons, why I prefer to do my own manicure:
- It´s too expensive! For $18 (plus tip) I can buy myself at least 3 new nail polishes! Oh yes, I am a cheapie!
- I find it is more time consuming: the whole procedure takes at least 20 minutes plus the drive there. I am so much quicker! :-)
- I am a germophobic! So scared of germs and bacteria and find my home safer- my own tools that only I use! Same reason why I would not do a professional pedicure anymore either. (I use the Emjoi).
- I also think that the kind of tools they use are way too harsh on nails. The file she used was way too rough (I use a diamond file) and the metal tools to cut away the cuticles seems way to invasive for me too. Also: I do not believe in cutting cuticles unless really needed. The lady also scratched all the skin on my nails away with a metal tool- I don´t think this is necessary at all and can really hurt nails. (If you like you can read here: How I take care of my nails).
- Another reason is: sadly I wasn´t able to pick a cruelty free nail polish- all brands they offered were not cruelty free (or brands I have never heard of before).
How about you?
Do you enjoy professional manicures or do you like to do it yourself?